Ram Hari Khadka's field experience
- Worked as a translator for six years in a makeshift clinic providing free treatment for poor people.
- Worked for Swiss agent Roger for 3 years as general assistant for business.
- Working for Rokpa Children’s Home as co/director for Nepal.
- Founder of Sundarijal Children’s Home: www.s4ch.org.
- Worked as a volunteer supervisor in Tashi Children’s Home.
- Working for Rokpa Guest House as the Manager.
- Co-director Rokpa Nepal for three years.
Ram Hari Khadka's personal background
Mr. Ram Hari Khadka was born in Bazarthumka in Kavre district, 60 km east from Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. He has actively been working in Rokpa Children’s Home as co/director for past four years. He was also the Founder president of Indreni Children’s Home. www.indreni.org. He is a popular mountain guide for foreign tourists trekking to Mt.Kailash in Tibet via Nepal. Like the tales of millions of unfortunate children in Nepal, his parents were unable to support him for his education. However, as he was very keen and enthusiastic in studies, he was brought up in Rokpa Children’s Home where he had the opportunity to not only study but also develop into a good human. This would never have been possible without Rokpa. Having been through traumatic difficulties at the early stages of childhood, he understands the sufferings of these children and has been actively involved in much children social welfare. He has a firm belief that your life becomes meaningful when you step forward to help others. There is no greater satisfaction and completeness in life than to see smiles and growing hopes in the lives of these children who would otherwise perish in corners of the streets. Indreni and Sundarijal Childre’s Home has given him the opportunity to help the poor and abandoned children and serve the society, something he always dreamt of.